Leadership can be an elusive concept. There’s no true recipe for success, as leadership styles vary across cultures and industries. However, one thing rings true – the best CEOs start by addressing the mindset before taking action.
In this episode, Gary Keller walks through the development of this mindset and identifies the three key elements that make up the CEO job description.
“Leadership is teaching people how to think the way they need to think, so they can do what they need to do and get what they want when they want it.”
- 00:43 How to think and act like a CEO
- 04:02 Ways to create energy among employees
- 04:58 The rules of engaging talent
- 09:54 Why ‘own’ is such an important word
- 10:23 What setting standards look like
- 12:38 Gary’s measure of success